Emergency Services Day - 9th September
September 8th, 2023
Emergency Services Day (also known as 999 Day) is a national day when the UK comes together to honour the 2 million people serving in our NHS and emergency services. It is an opportunity to recognise the work of everyone who work or volunteer in the NHS and emergency services. From police officers and firefighters to Community Responders and the RNLI; and from Doctors, Nurses and hospital staff to St John’s Ambulance and Search and Rescue volunteers they all play their part in keeping us safe and secure.
999 Day is your chance to support the heroic men and women of the NHS and emergency services.
The Emergency Services Day:
- Promotes our 999 heroes who serve / have served.
- Promotes career and volunteer opportunities across the emergency services.
- Promotes using the emergency services responsibly.
- Educates the public on essential life-saving skills.
- Promotes emergency services charities and the work they do.
- Promotes campaigns being run by frontline emergency services.
From us all at Whitehouse Funeral Service, we thank our emergency services. They are the heroes of our society, working all hours of the day on the frontline to save lives and keep us safe.
« Go back to the news